Thursday, November 10, 2011

Monogrammed Tiles

So, like any other college kid in the world, I'm broke. Well, not broke. But definitely not in the situation to drop a ton of cash on a present for whatever given reason for which gift giving is socially expected. Coming into this school year, I realized just how much I could end up spending on my (unknown at the time) Littles. Therefore, I devised a plan. Find things I like in the store, and instead of buying it just make my own version of it. The following is what happens when I find hundreds of plain ceramic tiles in my garage. In this case, I made some for my Littles, then wanted one for myself and room mates.

WHAT YOU NEED:
Ceramic tile
Background paper (I used Christmas wrapping paper, but you could use any paper-type material)
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Sharpie
Ribbon
Hot glue or super glue
Mini shaped mirrors
  1. Take the tile and measure out a square of paper that will fit the entire front. Cut out square.
  2. Put thin layer of Mod Podge on tile with sponge brush, then carefully place paper on top. Smooth it out and let dry. 
  3. Once dry, write whatever you like on the paper with the sharpie. Let dry. 
  4. Paint another thin layer of Mod Podge over the sharpie drawing. Let dry. 
  5. Hot glue mini shaped mirrors on to the tile in whatever pattern you please. 
  6. Turn tile over and measure out how much ribbon you want to make the hanging loop. Mine were about 11 inches in length total for each tile. Be sure to include an extra inch on both sides to hot glue to the back of the tile.
  7. Hot glue each end of the ribbon to the back of the tile. Let dry. 
  8. HANG! 
Provided by Kelsey B. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment