Thursday, November 10, 2011

Should Pad Blanket

Since I came to college, I've discovered the wonder that is Goodwill. I don't know if you know this, but it's awesome. Out of all the shirts I usually buy, about 87% of them have shoulder pads in them. So obviously I cut them out. I had begun to have a pretty good collection of random shoulder pads, since I usually don't throw things like that out. Since I had nothing else to do with them, I decided to sew them all together!

What You'll Need:

- Shoulder Pads (This might not be practical if you don't own quite a few shoulder pads, but this could work for anything you have a surplus of that's made of cloth.)
- Sewing Needle
- Thread
- Scissors
- Pins

1. Begin by pinning the shoulder pads together. Honestly, the more you pin, the easier it will be to sew together. Make sure the shoulder pads are layered over each other in a stable way so that everything is touching.
2. Once everything is pinned, start sewing! I did mine by hand because I'm in college and poor and don't have my machine in my apartment, but I would highly recommend using a machine if it's available. It doesn't really matter what color thread you use. For my blanket, I picked a neutral gray because the shoulder pads I have are already so quirky and eclectic that I didn't need to have anything too "out there".
3. THAT'S IT!

As you can tell by the pictures, I'm working on my blanket in small stages and then I'm going to sew them all together at the end. It's a personal decision to do that, just because I feel more comfortable working with small areas when sewing.

Enjoy!

Provided by Jenna M.

No comments:

Post a Comment