Friday, December 30, 2011

DIY Colored Bobby Pins

Recently I started getting sick and tired of my bangs constantly being in my face, so I started haphazardly pinning them back with two or three bobby pins. Sure enough, soon after that I began getting bored with plain bobby pins and when I saw colored pins at the store, I was in disbelief that someone would pay what they were asking for when you could just make it.

All you need is:
  1. Regular bobby pins
  2. A piece of paper
  3. Nail polish in whatever color you want the bobby pins to be 

Here's how ya do it:
  1. Take the bobby pins and pin them onto the edge as shown in the picture
  2. Use the nail polish to coat one side of pin. Let dry. 
  3. Depending on how well the color showed up, you may have to multiple layers. I had to do about three for the pink and red and two layers for the blue. 
  4. Once dry, flip over the page and repeat steps two and three on the back side of the bobby pin. Make sure paint the curved end of the bobby pin too!
  5. Let dry, take the pins off the paper, and style away!
Provided by Kelsey B.

No comments:

Post a Comment